What We Believe
CrossPointe adheres to the Baptist Faith and Message revised in 2000 by the Southern Baptist Convention. Some of our major beliefs are:
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God.
- We believe God is One and exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe mankind was created by God in His image. Mankind voluntarily chose to sin and is in need of God’s grace for salvation.
- We believe salvation is by grace through faith in Christ alone. Jesus died on the cross, paid the penalty for all of mankind’s sins, and rose bodily from the grave. Salvation is obtained by receiving Jesus Christ as Savior. Those who receive His free gift of salvation are eternally secure in Him.
- We believe the church is the body of Christ and exists to fulfill the Great Commission.
- We believe Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the two ordinances of the church.
- We believe Jesus will return for a second time to judge the world and take His people home to heaven to be with Him forever.
- We believe God has called all believers to be good stewards with the resources He has blessed them with.
- We believe in cooperating with other groups that help advance the kingdom of God and work of the ministry.
To glorify God by multiplying faithful followers of Jesus Christ.
Our values describe how we are going to carry out our mission. Values are core convictions that often are unspoken in churches. We want our values to be clarified so people know exactly what our priorities are as a church.
At CrossPointe we value:
The Bible as the foundational guide for our purpose driven ministry. Although we appreciate tradition, programs, and certain methods that have been effective over the years; our ultimate commitment is to the principles and purposes spelled out in God’s Word.
Authentic Relationships fostered in an atmosphere of acceptance and accountability. We believe the church is a family and a community of believers. As a family and a community we desire to love, care for, and encourage our members.
Integrity modeled through our leaders, our methods of ministry and our finances.
Faith-based risk taking instead of maintaining the status quo.
Unity in the body despite variety in methodology, ministry styles, worship styles, and approaches.
Passion expressed in enthusiasm and whole hearted service to the Lord. In all that we do, we want to do the very best we can in order to honor God.
Cooperation among the individuals and teams in our church as well as with other Great Commission groups outside of our church.
A vision is a picture of a preferred future. Although no one but God knows the future, we believe God has given us a pretty clear picture of the kind of church He wants us to be. We are committed to developing a new statement of God’s plan for our church every five years. Here is our current vision statement:
By the end of 2021:
We envision CrossPointe as a growing family of believers who are advancing the gospel in the city of Vancouver and surrounding areas.
We envision an increasing number of people worshiping at CrossPointe. We also envision the addition of at least one new multi-site campus
We envision a great increase in the number of Life Groups meeting throughout Vancouver. We envision our Life Groups being an essential complement to our Pastor’s teaching and the primary place for ministry, care, leadership development, evangelism, missions, and community ministry.
We envision that every active member of CrossPointe will be equipped, encouraged, and accountable for sharing the gospel. We further envision a culture of evangelism penetrating our church so that many will hear the good news of Jesus Christ from members of CrossPointe. We envision a clear trend of increasing baptisms at CrossPointe.
We envision doubling the number of people serving in some way – in the church, through multi-site campuses, in the community, or on the mission field.